Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Wage War

November 22, 2006

Strategy, strategy. My original plan was to get an offer before approaching my current employer and ask them to match it. Well it worked. Now I'm waiting to hear if they'll match the offer, which has been driven up in a bidding war. There was a lot of room to grow, since my pay was way below market, due primarily to my never negotiating and to my time at Caterpillar in Miami, where they pay a pittance in exchange for a job where you don't really have to do any work if you don't want to. An excellent atmosphere for growth.

Anyway, here I am, sweating by the phone like a commodity trader, waiting to hear if they'll match the offer. Will they? Won't they? It would be good to know before a 4 day weekend, but I won't find out. I'll have to get grand ole drunk and hash out the details to all my friends and relatives of what happened when I became a hot commodity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home