Friday, December 15, 2006

Dreams

December 15, 2006

I dreamt that I was on this wild goose interview with Mark, the top gun of the Fund. It was to be hired, full time, which is my dream at this time. Meanwhile there was another contender, a black sulky woman. "It's amazing what a difference attitude makes," said Mark to me. Later, we all went out to dinner. The black woman was still sulking. I was trying to keep my wits together - did he or did he not like me?

This morning, I was still on the interview even after waking up. I'd better rush and get to work, I thought. I even put on my new collection quality pearls, to show that yes, I am successful, bright and corporate.

It's all because of this horoscope I read yesterday about a stranger giving me a job offer and me having to make a good first impression. How suggestable I am. But I can feel how ripe the time is.

I missed the x-mas party in London, so perhaps that is also what the dream was doing - I was there on some plane.

In other news, I bought Knicks tix for hubby and guess what? We'll be out of town for that Lakers game. So now I have to scramble and sell those tix on craigslist, while trying to determine which are the good games in a sport I barely care for. X-mas is so much fun. No, but truly it is because I can't wait to see the look of delight in honey's face. It will be either delight or horror - "New Jersey tickets? I hate New Jersey!"

Olive is the most charming baby around - she has a gorgeous face that is a perfect combination of her father and me. And she talks these funny talks, with sounds that are like words and very lyrically composed but have no meaning in English or Urdu that I can decipher. You know all those mothers that know exactly what their baby's cry means or understand exactly what word "bah bah" is? Well, I hate them.

My left shoulder is higher than the other; the musculature is all bunched up from desk work and carrying baby around from that side. Carrying around my 20 lb toddler baby. She makes life sweeter without the concern of diabetes.

Bright idea while on the subway reading about Cisco's purchase of a video conferencing company - forget video conferencing as it does not allow face to face interaction which is what is missing in working from disparate locations. Instead, gaming would allow participants to pick a SIM like character and then work in that simulated environment with other participants of a work group. Human puppeteers of the SIM characters would control them - it would be like watching your shadow participate in a work group where other shadows have congregated. The expense of this - the technology to make an on screen animation mimic a person does exist but is probably too expensive at the moment.

the end for now....must return to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home