Monday, February 26, 2007

February 26, 2007
The
Workplace firewalls again forbid me from blogging at work, which is why you missed Olive's birthday, my trip to London to visit Mark and the gang, a visit from the in-laws -all sorts of dramatic moments in my life.

Olive's birthday was so exhausting that I was lying on the couch shortly after it began while the guests were in the other room. Baby Olive loved the whirlwind affair and kept twirling to the music. I wonder how she does that without getting dizzy. She wore a blue dress with red flowers and kept saying "bao! bao! bao!" (meaning ball) I am glad I got a pack of 50 balloons and made Aaron blow them all up. Olive got a rocking horse from her grandparents. All her friends took rides on the pony.

London was such a lovely city - I so love visiting London. I wonder if I would like living there, people are a bit strict with their language and version of things (tres colonial). The air, though, reminds me of Murree, so fresh and misty. Business was good too - I'm not sure what Mark thought of me. It was shocking (not quite) to learn that Elena had "interpersonal issues." Poor girl, she is gone now and I feel slightly motherless. Who will I look up to now. Perhaps Millie, though I find her personal style unkempt.

I came home early today to bathe my babe. She loves the bath now, and tries to climb in herself. She is big enough to handled water being thrown over her head. She is strong enough to squeeze the ducks, "Da da da" is how she says duck.

She's just learned to hit and smack, but if I stop her and say "nice, nice," she knows that I prefer being stroked kindly to being smacked. She knows everything now, even that I must go to work in the morning, but that doesn't prevent us from having some tender hugs, some nice nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home